Dental implants can successfully replace all kinds of dental gaps and cavities. The implant – as a new root – is inserted in the place of the missing tooth. It serves as the basis for rebuilding the crown or mounting a retention element, which provides better stability to the removable denture. Implants made of titanium are well accepted by the human body and don’t cause allergic reactions. They enable to gain back or improve the existing quality of life by enhancing the chewing and clear speech ability, while restoring the natural look.
Implantology has long been regarded as a recognized and safe alternative in modern dental treatment. Experiences in the field of implantology date back to 35 years ago and are based on solid scientific foundations. The success perspective in restoring the full functionality and acceptance of the implant by the body is currently over 95%. Owing to methods and surgery techniques developed throughout the years, the risk of rejection of the implant or complications is very low.
Indications for using implants:
Benefits of implants:
- maintenance of the bone substance – loosing one or more teeth leads to bone loss (highest in the first year – 40-60% of the volume)
- more reliable denture stability and better wearing comfort – the feeling of confidence and satisfaction for the parent
- high cost-efficiency – with proper hygiene and regular inspections, they constitute a long-term solution.
Treatment is preceded by careful examination of the patient and planning appropriate therapy. In addition to checking and determining appropriate parameters, the following tests are performed:
- medical interview concerning the patient’s general health condition and, in particular, the condition of the oral cavity
- radiological examination – pantomograph of the jaws and CBCT computed tomography, sometimes the lateral picture of the skull
- blood and urine tests
- occlusion examination.